Monday, July 27, 2009

Psalm 127 and Chronicles Part II

Last week I made this post, in which I suggested how Psalm 127 could provide an outline of I and II Chronicles. At the bottom I asked this question:



Chronicles is clearly linked to the Restoration, and the Songs of Ascents possibly so. What other connections between Chronicles and the Songs exist? Psalm 132 is an easy one.






If Psalm 127:1-2 provides the outline for I Chronicles, it also provides the outline for Ezra-Nehemiah. I Chronicles is all about 1) organizing the people and material for Temple-building (Except Yahweh build the house...) and 2) organizing the people for Temple-guarding (Except Yahweh keep the city...).



I don't know why I didn't immediately make the next connection. Ezra is about Temple building, and Nehemiah is about wall building. The only thing missing in Ezra-Nehemiah is Sons.



The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the Son of David... - Matthew 1:1


No comments:

Post a Comment